Saturday 16 February 2013

FOTD: Make Up Much More Exciting Than My Day Deserved


 Another make up post! This is turning into a theme. The theme is that I am lazy and these are easy to write. Also, my Face Of The Day today looks pretty good. I'm just saying. Apparently I have a lot of time on my hands on Saturday afternoons to play around with make up looks way more dramatic than my activities really call for. That's the fun part, right? Getting ready? Realistically, this is more of a going out, evening look than for daytime. 


Here's the collection of products I used for this:


I started with Benefit Lemon Aid on my eyelids and undereye bags - its yellow tone evens out blue circles amazingly. Colour wheel! Then Yves Rocher foundation, a swish of Maybelline Fit Me powder, and a blend of NARS Hungry Heart and Maybelline blushers on my cheeks, for a tiny bit of colour and shimmer. That takes me to here.


Then eyes! I used the neutral, shimmery creamy-pink from the No7 palette over the crease and up onto my browbone, and then using a wet, angled brush, blended the navy Bourjois colour over my lower lid, concentrating on the outer corners. The pigment on this is good, but the colour's not opaque which makes it easier to work with and a less strong look. No eyeliner. Then I curled my eyelashes super hard and used Maybelline mascara, and filled in my eyebrows. I went with a relatively strong brow for more drrrama.

Then, the easy part. I plumped and primed my lips with the elf pen thingy, and went to town with Maybelline Color Sensational 547 Pleasure Me Red, which is amazing. A seriously good red lipstick. 

And then! I put on some pretty earrings and perfume, and then I sat in bed for the afternoon, watching 30 Rock (how did it take me until now to get into that show?) and being thankful for how Haagen Dazs and Toblerones go on half price after Valentines Day. This is the best Saturday of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment