Friday 15 February 2013

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick 825 Pink Brandy

I have fallen for yet another lipstick. There is nothing to be done about it.

Here seen with some artfully arranged props. 
Max Factor Pink Brandy is a silky, super pretty medium pink. Hilarious PR spiel:

"The secret is in the 60% ‘Elixir’ treatment, which includes ingredients such as shea, avocado and aloe butters, as well as anti-oxidant white tea. This lipstick’s Elixir formula actively improves lip moisture to achieve a smoother surface in just one week."

White tea. Okay, sure, why not. Apparently the avocado and aloe butters do actually do some good, though, because this does have a really moisturising formula that leaves my lips feeling soft and happy. The wear time is decent, but obviously not amazing because of the slick texture. I really don't get why it's called Pink Brandy though, because it's clearly a peachy coral with no brown tones. Sometimes I reeeeally wonder who gets paid to name this stuff. They should pay me to do it, because I am amazing* at putting seemingly random words together (see: name of this blog). And also at puns. 


On, this is a wearable and soft but strong colour. I'd feel pretty comfy applying this without a mirror, and I have a hunch it'd be very flattering to a lot of skin tones. Plus it really does make your mouth feel great. Colour Elixir lipsticks retail for £7.99, which is pretty decent, and I saved £2 getting this one on offer at Lloyds. Go forth and capture your new everyday go to lip colour, my pretties. Do it for me.

*Note: I am horrible at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment