Monday 19 November 2012

It Was A Red Dress Kinda Day, or, How To Cure Winter Blues

Ugh, winter is taking its toll on me. I am sick of being cold and tired and lethargic all the time. And I'm living in a north-facing ground floor room in Manchester in November. I miss daylight.

Best cure for winter blues? Dress all in red! Match your dress and earrings and lipstick! Go wild!


My umbrella is greeny-blue and fuschia pink. I was so happy it didn't rain today. I don't think I could have brought myself to carry it wearing red. I'd have had to just be rained on.


Jacket from Miss Selfridge, dress from Closet at Dorothy Perkins. Earrings from Dorothy Perkins. Pearl & gold necklace belonged to my grandmother. Lancome Le Crayon Kohl Noir eyeliner. GOSH Velvet Touch lipstick in 60 Lambada.



Second best cure for winter blues: DISCOVERING PHOTO FILTERS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA how much joy Instagram and Aviary and the new Facebook editor are bringing into my life right now. Get ready for like ten shots of my face in slightly different colours and contrasts.






TOO. MUCH. FUN.

Third best cure for winter blues: PUPPY IN A CHRISTMAS JUMPER.


This cute gal came for a sleepover on Saturday night. Hours of exhausting fun and pulling bits of kitchen out of her mouth.

Fourth best cure for winter blues: remembering that things are still pretty beautiful. At least on those rare days when the sun comes out. I had two gorgeous walks in the park last week, and once again was amazed by how nice spontaneous iPhone photos can turn out. What would I do without this phone? I seriously don't know. I wish autumn/winter looked like this all the time.









No comments:

Post a Comment